Getting insurance to pay for therapy
Let’s keep this real: navigating insurance can be stressful and confusing! Despite this truth, I still encourage you to look into maximizing your benefits with the information I provide below. I found this from my own desire to self-educate and quest to simplify insurance reimbursements for my patients. That said, there are two parts to this:
Part A: This is where I need you to do some research by placing a phone call to the number at the back of your insurance card and ask the following questions:
- What percentage will I be reimbursed for routine behavioral healthcare out-of-network?
- What is my deductible?
- How much of my deductible have I met at this time?
- Is there an “allowable amount” for behavioral healthcare?
If the responses are agreeable to you, then this is my suggested next step.
- After your session, I charge your credit card for the service
- I then provide you with a ‘Superbill’
- Take a picture of the superbill on Reimbursify to file a claim (the app alerts you when insurance has received your claim and you will get your reimbursement in 2-4 weeks. If the claim is denied, their legal team will go to work on your behalf – no hassle to you!).
Because of my subscription, you are entitled to your first five claims free of charge which you can access here: Reimbursify Practice Plus Subsequent claims cost $1.99 per claim. I have added a widget here from where you can alternatively submit your claim via Reimbursify to your insurance from here: https://filefast.reimbursify.com/?qc=JJEGE508A You can go ahead and download the app and then email me requesting a superbill, that’s all it takes! Hope this helps to make therapy more accessible 😊
(Disclaimer: I have no financial benefits for recommending this service. I paid fully for a subscription myself for Delightsome Counseling to serve you)